Morgenster was launched in 1919 as a herring lugger “Vrouw Maria” SCH 324 for the fishing company den Dulk. She was built at the shipyard Boot in Alphen.
In 1927 she was extended by another 7 metres and received her new name “Morgenster”.
In 1983 Marian and Harry Muter bought the vessel in a terrible state of maintenance. The ship was towed to Zijkanaal B near the lovely little village of Spaarndam. Serious repairs and maintenance were carried out during the winter.
Finally, in June 2008 she was formally received back into the sailing world by the very supportive Ministerr Maria van der Hoeve. Morgenster has proved to be a fine vessel ever since, fast and easy to handle in all kinds of weather.